Comply with HIPAA security regulations
We have all had to adjust our processes to comply with HIPAA and security regulations. Through all the HIPAA adjustments, MD to MD, LLC has continued to give us superior confidential service.
HIPAA HITECH Compliant
At MD to MD, LLC we are fully HIPAA HITECH compliant since the increased concerns of April 2003 where new security standards were mandated by HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) to protect an individual’s health information while permitting the appropriate access, efficiency and use of that information by providers, hospitals, and health plans.
At MD to MD, LLC, we combine state-of-the-art technology with comprehensive managerial procedures to ensure the highest levels of data security. We do this while maintaining a user-friendly, always available interface for our users both at the front and back ends of our workflow.
- Only our clients, medical transcriptionists, and management team have access to our servers.
- Each user has specific user rights, allowing access to parts of the system specific to his/her end use.
- User names and passwords are required in order to access specific areas of our technology.
- All emails and transmissions from our system are encrypted and password protected to fully ensure privacy. MD to MD, LLC uses the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), which is a National Institute of Standards and Technology specification for the encryption of electronic data. We use a 256 bit symmetric-key block cipher and encrypt and decrypt data in blocks of 128 bits.
- For internal communication between MD to MD, LLC and our medical transcriptionists and client offices, we use cloud storage where sensitive information is encrypted at upload and decrypted at download. Again, this involves user name and password protection for an extra layer of security.
- Strict security measures have been enforced on our voice server. VPN and firewalls ensure closed transmission of voice files between our California-based office, transcriptionists, and all the facilities we serve.
We enter into Business Associate Agreements with our clients who qualify as Covered Entities to help them ensure their own HIPAA standards.
Our transcribers sign HIPAA Confidentiality Contracts with us to ensure patient information is dealt with discreetly at all times.
Our office in San Carlos, California is kept under lock and key and only senior personnel who work in this facility have access. Our transcribers all work remotely in their home offices.
Technology Redundancy and Backups
MD to MD Medical Transcription underwent a full-system upgrade of all hardware and software in the last quarter of 2015. Our technology is state-of-the-art and we have invested substantially in redundant hard drives where every server has a duplicate, should one fail.
We have further protected our database by backing up critical information like client voice files and documents maintained on our SQL servers to cloud storage, so that the database is further protected.